General Rules and Procedures
- No Entry Fee.
- No more than five (5) total entries per classification (maximum 15 entries for photography category) from any educational institution during a single contest period: completed from June 1 through May 31 of the normal school year.
- The student should be responsible for 90% or more of the entered work.
- In the event of a tie, the judges may present duplicate awards in each classification. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place awards will be made in each classification. Best of Show award may be chosen from the 1st place entries.
- Entries must be submitted online using the online submission form. Upon completion of the online registration form, a copy of the completed form will be emailed to you for your records.
- Display of entries will be at the GCEA Annual Conference.
- A brief outline of work completed should be part of the entry.
- Entries MUST indicate classification in which they are being submitted; Black & White, Color, or Digitally Altered. (The digitally altered category includes any images that have been manipulated well beyond basic color correction, e.g. photo composite made of multiple images, extreme use of filters, etc.)
- Group Project – 2 or more students working on one entry. Only one certificate will be awarded to the school.
- Decision of the judges is final.
- Film photography (B&W or color)
- Black & White digital
- Color digital
- Digitally altered composite
- Colleges & Universities
- Community College/Post Secondary Technical
- High School Vocational (2+ hours)
- Industrial Arts/Technology, grades 10-12
- Industrial Arts/Technology, grades 7-9
Professional photographers will judge the entries.
Electronic submissions need to be:
- 1200 pixels on the longest dimension
Deadlines for Entries June 1 for that entry year
Contact Erica Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org