To have a website judged in this contest, students must meet the following requirements:
- The student was enrolled in a graphic communications course during the current school year.
- The website was completed during the current school year.
- The website is active, on a server, and is easily accessible.
- There are two categories for entry: Website Design & Website Development and you will indicate if the site is responsive or static for either category (terms and categories are defined below).
- The entry form must be accurately completed.
- The entry form must be submitted by June 1 of the year you are entering for.
- No more than five (5) total entries per classification of Design and Development (maximum 10 entries for total) from any educational institution during a single contest period: completed from June 1 through May 31 of the normal school year.
- The website must be active until 31 August of the entry year.
- The teacher must be a member of the Graphic Communications Education Association.
Website design: A category for websites created using Adobe Muse or blog-style web generators (WordPress, WIX, etc.) that enable creation without coding. Web design software that was used must be identified.
Website Development: A category for web sites developed using a combination of software and coding. Any software applications used must be identified. If interactive components are used, specify if they were generated by the student or if a third-party plug-in was used.
Responsive website: has a design that adapts the layout to the screen size of the device that is used to view it.
Static website: has a design layout that remains fixed and does not change with the screen size of the device used to view it.