98th Annual GCEA Conference
Date: Sunday, July 16 – Thursday, July 20, 2023
Location: RISD in Providence, RI
- Full conference registration without GCEA membership: $595
- Full conference registration for current regular GCEA members: $50
- Conference registration for non-GCEA members: $125 (this will include a GCEA membership for 2023)
- On Campus Housing With Linen Package (Package includes a pillow, pillow case, bed sheets, blanket, bath towel, and hand towel. The package will be placed in your room at arrival.): $50
- On Campus Without Linen Package: $0 (included in registration cost)
- Off Campus: $0
- Parking: $75 – If you are going to be driving and need to park on campus, please note RISD charges for this. If you are not driving and plan to take a taxi or an uber you will not need to pay for parking.
GCEA 2023 Call for Presentations: GCEA now invites conference presentation submissions for the annual GCEA Conference to be held on the campus of RISD in Providence, RI July 16-20, 2023. We are looking for a wide variety of presentation topics for this year’s conference including print, graphic design, digital media, imaging, education, and others. There are options for both 25-minute and 50-minute presentations. Computer labs will not be available however, rooms will be equipped with wifi. We encourage activity-based presentations as well as traditional presentations. Abstract submissions are due May 15, 2023 and presenters will be notified no later than May 26, 2023.
Providence is centrally located in New England and has a great airport that includes flights from major airlines like Delta and Southwest. It is also easily accessible by train.
As part of the conference, we will also be having a day hosted by Frank Romano at the Museum of Printing in Haverhill, MA. During our tour of the museum, we will not only be taking a tour we will also be doing a couple hands-on projects. If you want to check out the museum, here is the website: https://www.museumofprinting.org/